PUNJAB STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD
P.R.Circular No. 05/2007
The Chief Engineer/S.O.&C,
Power Regulation & Control Dte.,
PSEB, 220KV S/Stn., Ablowal, Patiala.
1. All EIC/CEs/Distribution in PSEB.
2. Chief Auditor, PSEB, Patiala.
3. Chief Engineer/Enforcement, PSEB, Patiala.
4. All Dy.CEs/SEs/Distribution in PSEB.
5. All Dy.CEs/Directors/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
6. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/Distribution along with 5 spare copies for further distribution amongst XENs/AEEs/AEs.
7. All Addl. SEs/Sr.XENs/Enforcement & EA&MMTS along with 5 spare copies.
Memo No. /SO/PRC/LD-286 Dated:
Subject: Levy of Peak Load Exemption Charges.
Please refer to this office LD Circular No. 1/92 dated 14.2.92 & PR Circular No. 2/98 dated 20.4.98 on above cited subject.
The issue regarding number of days to be counted/assumed in a calendar month for levy of Peak Load Exemption Charges while preparing Energy Bill has been reviewed/considered by the WTMs and decided as under:-
W.e.f Ist Nov.,05 Peak Load Exemption Charges be levied on consumers on day to day basis i.e. according to number of days for which the consumer has actually been allowed Peak Load Exemption during a particular month for which the Energy Bill is prepared.
In line with PSEB LD Circular No. 1/92 dated 14.2.92, for the period earlier to Ist Nov. 05, the Peak Load Exemption Charges be levied by assuming a month consisting of 30 days i.e. 360 days a year. Accordingly, any additional charges if worked out by PSEB audit parties towards short assessment due to levy of Peak Load Exemption charges on a/c of assuming month consisting of 30 days for the period earlier to Ist Nov., 2005, shall not be leviable to the consumers.
In view of above decision, field offices are requested that already
debited Peak Load Exemption Charges on this account be settled in consultation with concerned audit party accordingly.
for Chief Engineer/S.O & C,
CC: 1) Chairman, PSEB & All Members/PSEB.
2) O.S.D. to Chairman, PSEB, Patiala.
3) Chief Engineer/Commercial, PSEB, Patiala.
4) Director/I.R., PSEB, Patiala.
5) Director/I.T., PSEB, Patiala for putting the above Circular on PSEB Web-site