Board of Directors | PSPCL
Profile of PSPCL
Shri A Venu Prasad Chairman & Managing Director
Shri S. C. Arora Director / Finance
Er. M. R. Parhar Director / Generation
Shri R. P. Pandove Director / Admin
Er. N. K. Sharma Director / Distribution
Er. O. P. Garg Director / Commercial
Shri A Venu Prasad
|1.||Name||A Venu Prasad, IAS|
|2.||Designation||Principal Secretary to Government of Punjab, Department of Power and Chairman – cum –Managing Director , Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd and Chairman – cum – Managing Director , Punjab State Transmission Corporation Ltd.
|3.||Qualification||1. M.SC (Agriculture)
2. MBA ( Finance)
3. MA (Public Administration) from Syracuse University, New York, USA
|4.||Date of Birth||15.07.1963|
|5.||Awards||1. Received President of India Medal for doing outstanding work towards Welfare of disabled people as President of Red Cross Society.
2. Census award received from Government of India.
|6.||Important Assignments/Positions held||1. SDM, Samrala, Ludhiana
2. ADC , Ludhiana.
3. Deputy Commissioner, Faridkot and Jalandhar.
4. Secretary Mandi Board.
5. Commissioner, Excise and Taxation Department.
6. Secretary Housing and Urban Development.
|7.||Special areas of interest and Expertise.||1. Public Policy formulation and interest. 2. Having keen interest in playing games. Represented University in Football.|
|8.||Career Profile||1. SDM , Samrala, Ludhiana.
2. ADC( D), Ludhiana.
3. Officiated as Vice Chancellor, Punjab Agri University, Ludhiana.
4. D.C. Faridkot
5. Secretary Punjab Mandi Board
6. Deputy Commissioner, Jalandhar
7. Commissioner Excise and Taxation Deptt
8. Secretary Housing and Urban Dev
9. Secretary Civil Aviation
10. Secretary Rural Dev and Panchayat
11. Secretary Higher Education and Language
12. Principal Secretary Power
13. M.D. PIDB
14. CMD,PSTCL &
15. CMD, PSPCL
Shri S. C. Arora
Shri S. C. Arora Description
Er. Mansa Ram Parhar
|1.||Name||Er.Mansa Ram Parhar|
|3.||Qualification||B.Sc. Engg. (Elect.) with (Hons.)|
|4.||Date of Birth||21.10.1954|
|5.||Awards||1. Consolation Award to G.H.T.P. Lehra Mohabbat for the year 2013-14.
2. Punjab State Safety Award to GNDTP Bathinda for the year 2014.
|6.||Important Assignments/Positions held||1. Dy.Chief Engineer/O&M of 920 MW GH.T.P. Lehra Mohabbat & 6×120 MW G.G.S.S.T.P. Roopnagar.
2. Chief Engineer/O&M of 920 MW, G.H.T.P., Lehra Mohabbat.
3. Director, Punjab State Power Corp. Ltd.
4. Director, Panel Coal Mines Limited.
5. Director, Gidderbaha Power Limited.
6. Director, Punjab Thermal Generation Ltd.
7. Director, Orissa Integrated Power Limited.
|7.||Special areas of interest and Expertise.||Maintenance & Operation of Thermal Plants and Hydel Projects.|
|8.||Career Profile||Er. M.R.Parhar, Director/Generation of Punjab State Power Corporation Limited has about 21 years working experience in Power Generation Projects which includes project planning, evaluation, operation, maintenance and management of Thermal as well as Hydro Electric Power Houses. He has unique background of about 20 years of Thermal Generation expertise on Power Plants in Punjab and one year experience on Hydro Electric Power Project. He has also vast experience of about 14 years in the field of Distribution during which he has played a vital role in improving the supply position in various areas of the State.
His other important assignment has been Chief Engineer/O&M of 920 MW Coal based Guru Hargobind Thermal Plant, Lehra Mohabbat from 01.06.2011 to 31.10.2012, during which the Thermal Plant achieved the maximum generation and PLF successfully.
He was appointed as Director/Generation of the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited on 20.10.2014 and since then he is assuming this important assignment quite efficiently & vigorously. He is also officiating as Director of various PSPCL Companies and Joint Venture Companies.
Shri R. P. Pandove
Shri R. P. Pandove Description
Er. N. K. Sharma
|1.||Name||Er. N.K. Sharma|
|3.||Qualification||B.Sc. Engineerine Electrical(Hons.)|
|4.||Date of Birth||18-01-1959|
|5.||Awards||Successfully executed the project related to shifting of meters outside consumers ‘premises in rural area RAPDRP Project for loss reduction and system strengthening which contributed immensely in reduction of T&D losses of the Utility from 20.12% in 2009-10 to around 15% in 2014-15 and the PSPCL got a National Level Award for achieving maximum reduction in losses from the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India.|
|6.||Important Assignments/Positions held||1. Project Co-coordinator of the Scheme involving shifting of meters outside consumers premises in rural area.
2. As Chief Engineer of the newly created TS Organization (after transfer of 66 kV System from PSTCL to PSPCL) set up the Organization and built up the framework for execution of 66 kV Sub Stations and Transmission Line works.
3. As Chief Engineer/RE & APDRP ,managed and
Successfully implemented the power reforms project related to loss reduction and revamping of HT and LT distribution system. Project is nearing completion.
4. While working in Distribution Organization, I have handled various matters related to distribution of power and its commercial and regulatory aspects.
Recently, I have overseen the successful
Implementation of SAP in all the commercial and material transactions related to distribution wing in Central Zone , Ludhiana.
|7.||Special areas of interest and Expertise.||1. Matters related to distribution of power and its regulatory and commercial aspects.
2. Greatly interested in introduction of latest technology for continuous improvement in the power distribution system.
3. Envision world class Consumer Services and envisage the concept of ‘Partners in Growth ‘in place of Consumer-Supplier Concept. Equipped with vast Power Sector management experience, leveraging my varied experience and skills attained over the years while serving the Distribution Organization in various capacities involving handling of various aspects of distribution of power.
|8.||Career Profile||Remained on various positions as AE/AEE/Sr. Xen/
SE/ CE in DS Organization for 10 Years 9 Months, Transmission Systems for 2 Years 11 months and RE&APDRP for 3 Years 6 months. Also remained as remained in Thermal Organization for 3 years,
Protection & Maintenance for 8 Years 6months and in other Organizations for 6 Years 1 Month of Punjab State Electricity Board now Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.
Er. O. P. Garg
Er. O. P. Garg Description