PUNJAB STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD
P.R.Circular No. 5/2009
The Chief Engineer/S.O.&C,
Power Regulation & Control Dte.,
PSEB, 220KV S/Stn., Ablowal, Patiala.
1. All EIC/CEs/Distribution in PSEB.
2. Chief Engineer/P&M, PSEB, Ludhiana.
3. Chief Engineer/Enforcement, PSEB, Patiala.
4. All Dy.CEs/SEs/Distribution in PSEB.
5. All Dy.CEs/SEs/P&M in PSEB.
6. All Dy.CEs/Directors/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
7. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/Distribution along with 5 spare copies for further distribution amongst XENs/AEEs/AEs.
8. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/P&M, Grid Mtc. & Distribution.
9. All Addl. SEs/Sr.XENs/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
Memo No. Memo No. 1379/1594/SO/PRC/LD-38 Dated: 27.1.2009
Subject: Power Regulatory Measures on Industries – Clarification.
In continuation to this office PR Circular no. 2/09 dated 21.1.09, it is clarified that para 1, 2, 3 & 4 of the above circular may be substituted as under:-
1. The Peak Load Restrictions for LS industrial consumers (including Continuous Process Status industrial consumers declared by this office and Arc/Induction furnace consumers) being fed from any type of feeder except UPS 4 wire feeders shall be for 5 hours instead of present 3 hours w.e.f. 25.1.09. Thus, up to 31 st Jan., the industry will observe Peak Load Hour Restrictions from 16.00 hrs. to 21.00 hrs. daily. Further in Feb., 09, the industry in Central Zone will observe Peak Load Hour Restrictions from 17.00 hrs. to 22.00 hrs. and industries of other zones will observe Peak Load Hour Restrictions from 16.30 hrs. to 21.30 hrs. and so on. The industry will be allowed to use load equivalent to Peak Load Exemption granted by SE/DS concerned or EIC/SO&C Office, during 5 hours of Peak Load Hour Restrictions. However, Peak Load Exemption Charges will be levied for 3 hours of normal Peak Load Hour Restrictions Schedule only. If a consumer uses more load than permitted during 5 hours of restrictions, it will be treated as violation of peak load restrictions and penal charges will be leviable for such violations.
2. All LS/MS/SP & Induction furnace consumers being fed from Category-I and UPS 3 Wire feeders will observe one day compulsory weekly off from 08.00 hrs. to end of the Peak Load Hour Restrictions. Thus up to 31 st Jan. 09, weekly off day shall be for 13 hours (08.00 hrs. to 21.00 hrs.) and for 14.00 hrs. (from 08.00 hrs. to 22.00 hrs. for Central Zone) and for 13.30 hrs. (from 08.00 hrs. to 21.30 hrs. for other Zones) from Ist Feb., 09 onwards and so on.
• All LS/MS/SP & Induction furnace consumers being fed from Category-II feeders (Independent and Mixed feeders with 90% or more industrial load as declared by this office) will observe one day compulsory weekly off from 05.00 hrs. to end of peak load restriction period. Thus this industry will observe weekly off day for 16 hours (05.00 hrs. to 21.00 hrs.) up to 31 st Jan., 09, for 17.00 hrs. (05.00 hrs. to 22.00 hrs.) for Central Zone and for 16.30 hrs. (05.00 hrs. to 21.30 hrs.) for other Zones from Ist Feb.,09 onwards and so on.
• Arc & Induction furnace consumers being fed through category-III feeders and Rolling Mill Industry (being fed through any type of feeder) will observe one day weekly off from end of Peak Load Restriction Hours to end of Peak Load Restriction Hours of the next day. Thus such industry having weekly off day of Monday will start the weekly off day from 21.00 hrs. of Sunday and observe weekly off for 24 hours i.e. up to 21.00 hours of Monday up to 31.1.09 and so on as is being observed by this industry on date.
All other terms & conditions as laid down in PR Circular 2/09 dated 21.1.09 shall remain the same.
It is requested to get these instructions noted from all concerned consumers well in advance and ensure meticulous compliance of these instructions. These instructions may also be got displayed on the Grid Sub-Station and Complaint Centers besides informing various offices of Industrial Associations.
These instructions can be down loaded from PSEB’s Website www.psebindia.org
For Chief Engineer/SO&C,
- Chairman, PSEB & All Members/PSEB.
- O.S.D. to Chairman, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Commercial, PSEB, Patiala.
- Chief Engineer/Q.I. & T.A., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/I.R., PSEB, Patiala.
- Director/Technical, PSEB, Patiala . He is requestedto endorse the same to Dy.Secy./Services- III&Dy.Secy./Tech. I, II & III, PSEB, Patiala .
- Director/I.T., PSEB, Patiala for putting theabove Circular on PSEB Web-site.
- Dy.Director/Sr.Xen/CBC, PSEB, Patiala , Ludhiana & Jalandhar