PUNJAB STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD
P.R.Circular No. 4/2008
The Chief Engineer/S.O.&C,
Power Regulation & Control Dte.,
PSEB, 220KV S/Stn., Ablowal, Patiala.
1. All EIC/CEs/Distribution in PSEB.
2. Chief Engineer/P&M, PSEB, Ludhiana.
3. Chief Engineer/Enforcement, PSEB, Patiala.
4. All Dy.CEs/SEs/Distribution in PSEB.
5. All Dy.CEs/SEs/P&M in PSEB.
6. All Dy.CEs/Directors/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
7. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/Distribution along with 5 spare copies for further distribution amongst XENs/AEEs/AEs.
8. All Addl.SEs/Sr.XENs/P&M, Grid Mtc. & Distribution.
9. All Addl. SEs/Sr.XENs/Enforcement & EA&MMTS.
Memo No. 4098/4302/SO/PRC/LD-38 Dated: 22.5.08
Subject: Peak Load Restrictions.
In view of the summer load and consequent increase in demand, following instructions are issued with regard to peak load restrictions:-
- No new request for using load during peak load restriction hours shall be entertained.
- Requests for reduction in/cancellation of exempted load allowed to be run during peak load hours shall be accepted immediately.
- Where the peak load exemption has been granted for a particular period the same will cease at the expiry of the period/specified date and the same will not be renewed/extended.
- Where permission to use load during peak load hour restrictions has been given on regular basis, the same will continue. However, the existing exempted load will not be increased under any circumstances.
- Where consumer is running his captive/co-generation plant in synchronization with PSEB System and there is sudden break down of the TG/DG Set, the consumer may be allowed exemption to use additional load during peak load restriction hours as requested by him. But the exemption so granted will be for a maximum of 5 days by which time the consumer should re-commission his TG/DG Set.
The above instructions will come in-force w.e.f. 9.5.2008 as already intimated vide telephone message no. 3958/82 dated 9.5.08.
The above instructions may be brought to the notice of all the LS consumers. These instructions shall also be applicable for powers given to SEs/DS for grant of using 100 KW load during peak load restriction hours. All other instructions shall remain unchanged.
This issues with the approval of Member/’D’ & Chairman, PSEB, Patiala.
For Chief Engineer/SO&C,
CC: 1) Chairman, PSEB & All Members/PSEB.
2) O.S.D. to Chairman, PSEB, Patiala.
3) Chief Engineer/Commercial, PSEB, Patiala.
4) Chief Engineer/QI & TA, PSEB, Patiala.
5) Director/I.R., PSEB, Patiala.
6) Director/I.T., PSEB, Patiala for putting the
above Circular on PSEB Web-site.