Tips for electricity conservation at home
You can save up to 20% – 30% of your electricity bills by following these simple steps:
- Use always the natural air and light; avoid switching on lights during the day.
- Promptly switch off the lights and fans when the occupants leave the room / hall.
- Slim tube lights give better light and consume less electricity than the filament lamps.
- Avoid opening the refrigerator frequently. Defrost it regularly.
- Dry your clothes in the sun instead of using the dryer in the washing machine.
- Use pressure cookers and avoid using electrical appliances as far as possible.
- The electricity consumption by your geyser can be considerably reduced if the members of your family bathe in quick succession and switch it off as soon as it is no longer required.
- Avoid switching on of heavy duty appliances during peak hours, i.e., 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m..
Tips for electricity conservation at shops and business establishments
- Avoid excessive illumination. Please keep only as many fans and lights on as you need.
- Do not use neon sign boards. Use only painted sign boards.
- Use energy saving compact fluorescent lamps for the illumination of your shops, showrooms, or hotels.
- Try to switch on your room air conditioners and coolers at least one hour late and switch off one hour early. Preferably, do not use these heavy duty appliances.
- Please close the shops and showrooms precisely by 8:30p.m. at night.
- Use solar water heaters for hot water requirements of your hotels and lodges.
Tips for electricity conservation in industrial establishments
- Match motor size to actual requirements.
- Lubricate your machines at regular intervals. Replace the damaged bearings promptly.
- Place your motor as close to the load as possible.
- Provide shunt capacitors across the motor terminals.
- Tighten drive belts at regular intervals.
- Use natural lights and air to the maximum extent, and avoid switching on lights and fans.
- Make out optimal production schedules to ensure the least period of operation of each individual machine.
- Switch off the machines promptly when they are not being used.
- Switch off all the unused lights and fans, so also all the machines during the lunch hours and shift changeover periods.